Meet the e-scooter – York
Wednesday 26 May 1:00pm - 4:00pm
West Offices, Station Rise
Calling people from York – Do you want to know more about e-scooters and the safety features installed on the Tier e-scooters operating in the city? Want a chance to ask an e-scooter rental operator your questions? Here’s your chance!
York Sight Loss Council and e-scooter operator Tier Mobility invite blind and partially sighted York residents to a Meet the E-scooter event on Wednesday 26 May.
The event allows blind and partially sighted people to get up close to explore what an e-scooter looks and feels like.
It will allow visually impaired residents and visitors to ask TIER Mobility staff any questions they have regarding e-scooters, so they can better understand how the scheme operates.
TIER Staff will outline the safety measures they have taken to improve the safety for riders, the public but particularly York’s blind and partially sighted community.
On the Day
· This will be a drop in session
· All participants will be required to observe social distancing guidelines.
· Each scooter will be sprayed and wiped down between each inspection and mask wearing will be encouraged.
· E-bikes will also be available for blind and partially sighted people to get a better understanding how that scheme works
· The scooters will be kept under a gazebo so will not be affected by bad weather.
York Sight Loss Council has produced an information leaflet in partnership with My Sight and Wilberforce Trust which provides information for blind and partially sighted residents.
If you have any questions on the day, please get in touch with Iain Mitchell, York Sight Loss Council Engagement Manager on 07914770909